Founder and Managing Director of V-Guard,he born in a Parappur village in Thrissur, Kerala, India. Hailing from an agrarian family, Kochouseph received a master’s degree in Physics from St.Thomas College, Thrissur. Gaining experience as a supervisor in an electronics company, he went on to establish his own company –V-Guard in 1977. Sensing a need in the market for voltage stabilizers, he set up a small manufacturing unit in Thrissur, with a borrowed capital of Rs 1,00,000 and 2 workers for assistance. Capturing the market in a short span of time, he then diversified the product range of the company to include Pumps & Motors, Electric Water Heaters, Solar Water Heaters, Wiring Cables, UPS, and Ceiling Fans.
Further diversifying his business ventures, in 2000 he launched Veegaland, a one of its kind amusement and water theme park in Cochin, Kerala. He followed up the success of Veegaland by launching Wonderla, a second amusement park at Bangalore, Karnataka.
His yeomen services to society and exemplary conduct in business have won him many accolades and awards.
- Best Entrepreneur in Kerala awarded to Kochouseph Chittilappilly, CMD, V-Guard Industries Pvt. Ltd. (1993).
- Highest Individual Income Tax Payer from the State 1993 to 1995 from the Government Of India.
- Vyavasaya Jyothi Award given by the Ernakulam Chamber of Commerce (1996).
- Industry Excellence Award for Medium Scale Industries awarded by The Institution of Engineering (India), Cochin (1998).
- Millennium Businessman of Kerala awarded by Business Deepika (2000).
- Businessman of the Year awarded by Dhanam Magazine (2007).
- Samoohya Suraksha Award by the National Safety Council, Kerala Chapter (2010).
Kochouseph has compiled the wisdom and experience he has gained from decades in business and interaction with people in a series of two books- 'Practical Wisdom...in real life and management' 1 and 'Practical Wisdom 2'. A comprehensive and interesting guide to applying practical wisdom in everyday life.
Click here for excerpts from 'Practical Wisdom 1' & 'Practical Wisdom 2'
He has also penned an autobiographical work on his childhood memories called ‘Ormakkilivathil’.